WBUT PGET 2016 Notification, Exam Pattern, Important Dates
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) conducts an entrance exam for the M.Tech admissions. GATE qualified candidates must also appear for the exam as there is no exception for them. M.Tech admissions in West Bengal are through the WBUT PGET 2016. Applications are available officially from the month of June 2016. GATE qualified candidates GATE scores will be Weightage during the preparation of the merit lists. Check the details of the Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure, Dates, Exam details, Result, counseling and more of the WBUT PGET 2016 are below.
WBUT PGET 2016 Programmes:
|Name of the Department||Program Name|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering:||VLSI Design & Embedded Technology
Electronics & Communication
Mobile Communication Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Microelectronics & VLSI Technology|
|Computer Science (CSE) & IT Related:
Computer Science & Engineering
Computer System Technology
Multimedia & Software Systems
|Leather Technology||Leather Technology|
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Civil Engineering||Geo Technical Engineering
|Electrical Engineering||Power System
Electrical Device & Power System
Power Electronics & Drives
Control & Instrumentation
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering
Heat Power Engineering
|Textile Technology||Mechanical Processing in Textile
Chemical Processing in Textile
|Industrial Engineering & Management|
|Nano Science & Nanotechnology|
WBUT PGET 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have passed a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology or Pharmacy or Architecture from a recognized institute or university.
- Final Year candidates can also apply provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria by August 31, 2016.
- Candidates who are Associate Members of a Professional of Engineers recognized by the Government of India as equivalent courses are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have M.Sc. or are completing M.Sc in the appropriate branches are also eligible.
- Candidates may be noted that distance education degrees are not eligible.
WBUT PGET 2016 Application Fee:
- For General candidates Rs.600/-.
- For SC, ST applicants Rs.300/-.
Applicants can pay the application fee through DD of ‘MAKAUTWB-PGET’ from any nationalized bank at Kolkata.
WBUT PGET 2016 Admit Card:
- The Admit Card has to be downloaded by the candidates after logging in its WBUT official website.
- They must check if their details and photograph are correct in the downloaded Admit Card.
- They must print of it and it carry to the exam hall.
WBUT PGET 2016 Exam Pattern:
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Candidates have to attempt a single paper for 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of a total of 100 multiple choice objective type questions.
- The question paper will be in English only.
- The paper will comprise of the following sections.
- General Section consisting of English, Aptitude in Logical Reasoning power and Mathematics for 20 marks.
- Mathematics, Basic Sciences & Engineering Sciences for 30 marks.
- Relevant Engineering Section for 50 marks.
- There will be no negative marking system in the test.
WBUT PGET 2016 Rank Card:
- Candidates must log in to check and download their Rank Card.
- They must enter their Email or hall ticket number to download the Rank Card.
WBUT PGET 2016 Merit List:
- Merit Lists will be prepared separately for GATE qualified candidates and WBUT PGET candidates.
Weightage for the Merit Lists will be as follows
- For GATE candidates: GATE scores 70% and PGET 2016 score 30%.
- For PGET Candidates: PGET 2016 Scores 80% and Academic Performance 20% score.
WBUT PGET 2016 Counseling Procedure:
- Candidates who have been listed in the merit list will have to pay a Counseling fee of Rs. 500 at the time of Counseling.
- Candidates must carry their original documents for verification and attend for the counseling.
- They must pay an Allotment Fee of Rs. 5000/-.
- They must pay the fees by separate DD of ‘MAKAUTWB-PGET’ from any nationalized bank payable at Kolkata.
- Fees are non-refundable.
How to Apply:
- The Application form must be downloaded by the candidates from its official website www.wbut.ac.in.
- They must fill the application form with all relevant details of the applicant.
- Candidates must attach the self-attested photo-copies of mark-sheets, GATE score cards and any other relevant documents for verification along with the filled in Application form of the WBUT PGET 2016.
- They must send the application and the enclosures to the university.
WBUT PGET 2016 Important Dates:
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Online Application availability||In the month of June, 2016|
|Last Date for submission of Online Application||In the month of July, 2016|
|Receipt of Hard Copy of Application||July, 2016|
|Admit Card Download||July, 2016|
|WBUT PGET Exam 2016||July, 2016|
|WBUT PGET 2016 Counseling||July and August, 2016|
Applicants wants to know more information about this WBUT PGET 2016, candidates can contact the following address,
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKZUT),
BF 142, Sector 1, Salt Lake City,